Hospital Bag Must-Haves
The countdown is on for baby number 3 and I'm starting to feel the need to start preparing my hospital bag! The baby is due next month and we don't know the gender this time around which is different than the first 2! I feel like it's helped me buy less stuff (aka I've bought NOTHING for this child yet). With my first I definitely overpacked my bag and the bag for the baby and I streamlined my packing with my second. This time around, I'm planning on packing even less! Here is the list of what is making the cut this time around! I'm the packer in my family and included what I'll be throwing in my husband's bag as well (if I didn't he'd be using my deodorant and trying to steal my toothbrush).
My Bag: I used my old Stella and Dot (does anyone remember going to those parties?!?!) the last 2 times but just ordered this cute faux leather one since my old bag is nearing the end of it's life.
- Robe - I wore a robe over a nursing tank the majority of the time I was in the hospital after delivering my first 2. I went with a simple gray one this time that I can wear at home after!
- Socks - The hospital can be chilly, so I always pack a pair of cozy socks with grips!
- Slippers - I have these knock-off Uggs slippers and they're perfect for the hospital and home!
- Pajamas - Wearing dark colors at the hospital is always a good idea (no one wants to see any leaks!!) so I ordered some of my favorite Modal Joggers and a loose pajama top from Gap in a size up. I also ordered the matching shorts too since this is my first warm weather baby!
- Clothes to Wear Home - September in Chicago is a toss-up, so I'll either pack a loose-fitting dress or dark joggers and nursing tank with a long cardigan over it.
- Nursing Tank - These target nursing tanks were my fave the last 2 times so I ordered a few to replace the old ones and plan on wearing them this time around too!
- Nursing Bra - I am not a fan of underwire nursing bras and prefer soft, seamless options!
- Shower Shoes - I throw in a pair of cheapo flip flops to wear in the bathroom and shower for rinsing off post delivery.
- Deodorant - No brainer!
- Dry Shampoo - I didn't wash my hair while I was in the hospital the last 2 times and don't plan on doing it this time either! Dry shampoo to the rescue.
- Makeup Remover Wipes - I look like a trainwreck after labor and it feels so nice to wipe away all the sweat and grime post delivery!
- Hair Tie
- Phone Charger
- Chapstick - I DESPISE having chapped lips and the hospital air makes mine so dry! I always pack backups!
Baby's Bag: (I'm planning on buying the swaddles and outfits at 37 weeks so I have the 30 days to return the other gender once the baby comes!)
- Boy Outfit - I'm torn between this Burt's Bees option and this Milkbarn one
- Girl Outfit - Aden & Anais or this Floral Option
- Boy Swaddle - Copper Pearl is my favorite for first swaddle pics in the hospital! I'm between this striped one and this green gingham one
- Girl Swaddle - I love the florals so I'm between this one and this one.
- Clothes to Sleep In
- Change of Clothes
- Computer Charger
- Phone Charger
- Ear Pods
*Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our link.